Thursday, November 12, 2009

ROUTE 66

I took a long drive on the Mother Road today (Route 66)

I ended up in a little town called Seligman (Arizona).

It is an interesting small town that looks like
it hasn't had progress since 1950!
(I don't mean that in a bad way.)
Well, maybe some progress - after all,
they have "direct dial" phones!
This is the jail from many years ago.
The inside of the jail looks better than the local motel. The paddy wagon!
The bathroom for the jail!
I had a fun dining experience at The Road-Kill Cafe!
They offered such delicacies as: Splatter Platter, Swirl of Squirrel,
Deer Delectables, Fender Tenders, and Mystery Meat
("Could be beaks, could be feet")
I think it might have been a biker bar! Their motto is: "You kill it, we grill it" - YUM!
It made the Big Steak place in Texas look vegetarian-friendly!
Look at the size of the bladder-busting Coke!
Not sure what this was; but, I think it
was their museum!